1. God controlled all the words of the Bible (Old and New Testaments) and the personalities of the men who wrote it so that what was written is without error in the original writings. (2 Tim. 3:16,17)
2. There is one living and true God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (2 Cor. 13:14)
3. The Lord Jesus Christ was born of a virgin and is fully God and fully man. (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:23)
4. Christ rose bodily from the dead and ascended unto God the Father. (Matt.28; Rom. 1:4)
5. Christ will return (1) for the dead in Christ who will be resurrected bodily, and for those who are alive at His coming; and, (2) to reign on earth 1,000 years.
man and sin
6. All men inherit a nature of rebellion against God and are lost sinners in need of salvation. (Eph. 2:1-3)
7. God has provided salvation through offering His Son on the cross of Calvary, and required His blood to be the payment for our sins. (Rom. 3:24-25)
8. We are saved and declared righteous when we recognize ourselves as sinners, and we put our trust in Christ as the Son of God and His finished work on the cross of Calvary. Salvation is by grace through faith plus nothing. (Eph. 2:8,9; Rom. 3:24)
9. Once saved we cannot be lost. We are eternally secure in Christ. (John 10:27-29)
holy spirit, salvation, and church
10. We believe that the Holy Spirit places the believer in the universal church – the body of all Christians – at the moment of salvation. The Holy Spirit enables men to serve God through the church. (1 Cor. 12)
11. We believe that the New Testament teaches the establishment of local churches. We believe in the self-government of the local church under the headship of Jesus Christ, free from external authority or control. (1 Cor. 1:2)
12. We recognize the following symbolic acts commanded in Scriptures:
a. Believer’s Baptism to show a person’s identification with Jesus Christ. (Acts. 10:48)
b. The Lord’s Supper to remember Christ’s death and look for His coming again. (1Cor.11)
13. Grace Community Bible Church recognizes the difference between permanent and temporal spiritual gifts. Although we cannot be sure when the temporal gifts ceased to exist, it is the position of this church that they have ceased. (1 Cor. 13:8; 14:22; Heb. 2:3,4)
14. The Bible teaches the eternal blessedness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost. (John 5:28-29)
15. The Bible teaches us to live in a way that pleases God, looking for the blessed hope of the return of Jesus Christ, setting our minds on things that please God and not ourselves, living our lives as those who have been set apart to fulfill God’s purposes. (Titus 2:11-14)
16. Biblical marriage is a faithful union between one man and one woman. Grace Community Bible Church Facilities and Pastoral Staff will only be involved with marriage ceremonies and related activities that comply with this definition. A Biblical marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable context for a sexual relationship (Gen. 2:24-25; Rom. 1:24-27; 1 Cor. 6:15-20; 7:3-5; Eph. 5:22-33; 1 Thess. 4:3-8).Even when one man and one woman ask a Pastor to marry them, it is still the Pastor’s decision as to whether he will marry them or not.
Have a question about what we believe at Grace Community Bible Church? Get in touch with a person on our lead team directly by clicking the button below.